There is a lot to keep up with these days, and that will be the case all the way up to 2020! I will try to hit the high points on my weekly updates.
- LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE WEDNESDAY!
- No Halloween costumes at school, please! Also, please be sure our students DO NOT bring any candy to school with them Friday. Sometimes they think that will be a fun snack - nope!
- You may have recently heard that upper grades "Iowa testing" has been cancelled for this year, so parents are once again able to attend lunch with students. :-)
- Picture retakes will be Friday, 11/1. A pink 1/2 page form with details was sent home. Call the front office for further info.
- Wednesday students will bring home a "progress skills checklist", which breaks down skills more than the report card. This is not a change from reports cards, just more detailed info. Keep the checklist, sign and return the envelope, please.
- Reminder: NO TOYS AT SCHOOL. If a child has a toy in their book bag for whatever reason, please remind them it needs to stay inside that book bag until they are not at school. Not only are toys a distraction, but I don't want them to be broken, lost, or stolen. :-(
- Students should all know how to log on to ClassLink, find iReady, and work on math &/or reading a few times each week at home. That would be perfect for those days off next week!
- No school November 4 & 5. Enjoy!
In the classroom this week:
MATH: Understanding the meaning of the equal sign, all the ways to make a 10 by using addition. Check out homework tomorrow for examples.
WRITING: Continuing our step-by-step books teaching how to do something, including an introduction and maybe a dedication page. Also comparative adjectives (word endings -er, -est...big/bigger/biggest).
READING: words with silent e at the end, vowel teams (ea, oa, etc)
SCIENCE: investigating light
These are some high points - not a full list....
Many topics carry over from week to week.